Thursday, April 29, 2010

We got a live one!!!

So today I went for my first appointment. The doctors did all the routine testing and will be checking my thyroid levels to see if they had gone down. They were a little concerned about where my levels were at but we saw the baby and its heartbeat going tink, tink, tink, tink. It was too small to say thump thump. Its back was to us so we saw the spine but was really curled up in a ball so they couldn't get a good head to rump reading. I get to go have an official ultrasound so they can see. From what they did say, the baby was a little small for our date so we may not be as far along as we think we are. I can only make an educated guess but I don't think the due date will be pushed back more than 2ish weeks. But as we know I am not a doctor (and am new at the baby stuff) so we will see. The doctors were concerned about my thyroid levels but that was a month ago that they were bad, and hopefully with an increase dose of medication they will be much lower. We will get the blood test back in a few days. My thyroid levels are not great for the baby but since it has survived the worst of it I am hoping it means we are in the clear because we can only go up from here. So baby is alive, and we will see more later on. I know it isn't quite what we all were hoping but it was pretty cool too see the peanut move inside and I got to say that's my little one. I am using hims a lot. For those of you wondering the sex, can we say maternal instinct?

More to come after the wild weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment