Friday, April 9, 2010

April Fool

So we found out we were pregnant on April Fool's Day. Everyone has asked me what Ryan's reaction was like. That week I had an inkling that I was pregnant and I couldn't wait any longer to find out. Ryan had asked me to wait a few more days but I said no, I have to know NOW! (That blast of hormones should have been my first clue) So Ryan went to Target and got a pregnancy test. I took it and threw it away after it was done. At first I thought it was negative but then I had Ryan look at it and said, "it looks positive to me". Then the shock of that statement really set in for him. We had only been off the pill since Feb 22. Our thought process with trying was we had no idea how long it would take us. Cari, my sister, earlier in the week informed me that "normal" people usually take 6-8 months. Well when have I EVER been normal when it comes to physical issues? NEVER is the correct answer. Ryan tells me now I have no credibility when it comes to my body anymore. Cause I was completely wrong about this. We told Aunt Cari and Aunt Cristi first. That night we told mom and dad but mom didn't quite get it at first. We handed her a bib that said my family is thankful for me, since we are due around Thanksgiving. She just stared at the bib, and I had to tell her about her NEW grand-baby arriving around Thanksgiving. Then joy and tears came. Telling Ryan's parents was a little more shocking. This is their first grandchild and my mother-in-law didn't have the word grandma in her vocabulary until we gave her a bib that said, "That's it, I'm off to Grandmas". But everyone was happy once the shock wore off. So needless to say the Sparks/Detig family had an unforgettable April Fools Day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!! I found you from Cari's blog, hope you don't mind. Just wanted to say congrats!! That is just another way that God remind us that the timing is in his hands!
    Prayers from Texas
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete