Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Detig Debut

So we had our ultrasound today. We got a couple of good pictures that Ryan will upload later today. There will be a profile pic and one of his face. His face looks kind of like a dog but it will look more like a child before he comes out. I feel like our baby is a boy but who knows. He is 7.5 cm long with legs adding length. He was moving all over the place. I am 1 day shy of 12 weeks today. Our due date is right on track. Thanksgiving baby. I hope I get to eat Thanksgiving dinner before labor. That would be a bummer to miss out. Today's ultrasound was cool but really the only thing I could think about was how badly I had to go to the bathroom. It was terrible. It is a funny story. Got up from a nap and had to go to the bathroom. It was the time I had to have 32 oz down and I didn't so I downed the water on top of already having to go. I was SOOO miserable. Ryan wanted me to drop him off to pick up his car but I told him I couldn't focus it was so bad. We got there early and they were running late. About 10:30 my scheduled time I almost started to cry it was so bad. Ryan said my eyes had turned yellow and by this time I was starting to cramp. Then I get there and the lady said I was too full and had to go half way. How does one measure half a bladder full? Oh well it was worth it cause we got some pictures and I don't have to do it for another 2 months.
I am feeling better and have a lot more energy. I am sleeping through the night again, oh how I love sleep. If it was a spiritual gift I would be the Paul of our time.
Tomorrow we leave for Green Bay and I get to attend my friends wedding in Texas. It will be good to catch up with some friends I haven't seen in a while. I also get to buy a dress that fits my pregnant body for the wedding. This was my husbands Mothers Day present to me.
So my first mothers day was emotional. I sang at church a song my friend Betsy wrote called Blessings. It was a dual meaning for Ryan and I. We had an infant dedication that day so it went perfectly for the mothers who could pray the song over their babies. It was our prayer for ours as well. The other side was that the song was for all the friends who became family over the past year. I told them the song was dedicated to them but I couldn't look at them or else I would cry during the song. The whole time I was shaking trying not to cry and I made it through. I think it really hit Ryan that we are leaving and that was hard for him. We both shed some tears that day. I as a mother for the first time and saying goodbye. Its hard being pregnant and emotional. But in the end God was glorified and people's hearts were touched. Pics soon, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment