Thursday, May 6, 2010

Bechtel's Benefits

So we know a little more about the next couple months with Bechtel. We will be staying at a long term at the American hotel. There is no pool but we will have internet and television to entertain myself till my heart is content. We requested a bath tub (something I am sooooo looking forward to taking when we get there). When we are there they will give Ryan a company car when he needs to drive out to different sites. The company is responsible for our stay so we essentially have no expenses for the next three months. Ryan will also have the opportunity to explore sites all over the country if needed. I know that he is really looking forward to starting and we are so blessed by this job. I mention all this so you can be praising God for His blessings, right along side of us.

I also must share a little about graduation weekend. We had family come up and it was WONDERFUL to have them around. Graduation was long and hot but we "got 'er done". It was a great time to see everyone, pictures to come this weekend.

Also the 5th grade baby shower was very fun. The girls had a blast. Ryan had girl duty for the first two hours while I was told I couldn't be around. He judged dance contests, did a back-bend (very impressive), and a whole lot more. I have to admit some of my favorite moments were listening to the girls laugh hysterically and smile at Ryan's patience. He did come to the door and say we were never having girls, however I gently reminded him that is not in our control and promised we wouldn't have five fifth grade girls at a time (at least until the time comes for sleepovers). But we won't remind him of that now, shh! But the girls made decorations, games and brought food and presents. It was a great time had by all, but the Detig household was ready for a nap by 4 O'clock. And a nap we had.

Upcoming events
Pics to come
Ultrasound Tues
Wed. Ryan and I leave for Green Bay and I go to TX and he goes to MD

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you are updating so often! I love knowing what is going on with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I am trying to keep up. And once we move to Maryland it may be more often than you want. Since I won't have much to do. Miss you. I will call when things slow down.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete