Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Baby Crazy

So I am writing this feeling a little under the weather. I have a soar throat and a stuffy nose. Hopefully I will feel better in a couple of days. But I do have news in our house. We are praising God all the way over here for what He has done on the Chastain's behalf today. Also we are now spending spare time trying to get the nursery ready. We are attempting to put together a crib, find a changing table, receiving and organizing our baby stuff that will come via Indy and find a glider. (Not much left, he) We are at 32 weeks and have less than two months to go. Ryan and I are both getting excited. He may be upset if I share this but I am going to anyway. I can tell that Ryan is getting more and more excited for Charlie to come into our world. Yesterday we were doing our Bible study when he went to go get a package from my in-laws. Amongst the goodies was a hooded terry cloth robe/suit for after bath time. After we were done with our study he held the outfit up by the hood and said, "did I mention how cute this is?" I smiled my full toothy grin and we talked about baby things for like 20 minutes which for a man is an eternity. When we go to a store we always stop to look at baby clothes and things and now there is no further objections no matter how much time we don't have to be there. He will even pick things up and show me to see if I like something. Needless to say we are both excited.
I did come to the reality today that my sister will not be joining my parents to come visit at Thanksgiving to see our baby. (She is the only one I really wanted there, no offense mom and dad. PS this isn't a guilt trip Cari) As I talked to her, she acknowledged that it wasn't fair and that she was just as upset as I was. My natural instinct was for me to throw a pity party because our birth will not be what I pictured it, but she tried to cheer me up with the good things that it will be. I have already told Ryan that if no one comes to visit us in the hospital that he will have to make a very big deal time and time again, like maybe every hour. He asked me if I realized how out of character that is for him but he promised he would. Our people will arrive just a couple of days later and Ryan and I will have our daughter all to ourselves until then. But in this conversation I have realized how much my sister and I have grown up over the years. And I not only appreciated her Godly advice but will be putting it into action. So for all the people who we will miss, our siblings, grandparents, cousins, and friends who are family (grandma barb) we would love to have you all there but we understand that it won't be, so save time around Christmas or Jan (we don't know when yet) to hold and dote and make the biggest late deal over our little girl. We can't wait to meet her and will be faithful to post pics for all of you till you see her in person. God is helping us to be content where we are for now. May we grow in trusting His Sovereignty and plan for us.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post, I neeeeeded that update!! And I'm just tellin' now, you'll need to get busy with pictures because if I'm starved for posts you know I won't be able to stand it without pictures of Charlie!! By the way, how about pictures of the apartment and the baby's room? Pleeeease? gma b

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah! I am so excited for you and Ryan!!! And I can promise I will make a huge deal from the blogging world... because it WILL a huge and wonderful thing!!! :) I'm so glad for this new adventure in your life!!! :) You're gonna be a great mommy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete