Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Recovering

I know it has been a while since I have posted but I have been resting. I came home from the hospital on Wednesday afternoon. My mother in law flew in on Tuesday to take care of me so my husband could go to his first week of work. After I went home I was still in a lot of pain and basically slept 24-7. Except when the baby showed it was hungry. Friday I was home alone but it was okay, I slept a lot still. We ventured out for a short trip to see how I would do. I wanted pizza really badly so we went. The car ride was rough and I had to think very hard about every movement or word spoken. Saturday seemed to get better. We met my dad about 45 minutes away for dinner and I was doing well. Sunday we ventured to the mall and shopped for about two hours. I got a diaper bag and some maternity shorts. Yesterday I felt completely normal again. Ryan and I went out for Indian food and enjoyed the day. This week I have to make follow up appointments with the OB and GP to see if the baby and my ear are doing ok. I still need pain medicine occasionally but it is rare. The doctors say that baby should be ok but we will have an ultrasound to prove that in the next two weeks. On Wed I will be 15 weeks. My how the time flies.
As far as Maryland is concerned I am not hating it. Now that we switched hotels it is much better. There are things for me to do like swim and work out. We have a bit more space which is what we really needed, and I feel like now that I am healthy I can settle into life a bit more. There might be something for me to do three days a week at Bechtel for the summer but we will see. We are exploring our options. Now that my sister has told people I can too. My sister Cari is pregnant as well. She is due mid January. Our kids (if they ever live in the same city) will have a built in friend their age. I will let you know what the docs say and get some pics up soon of our new abode. Thanks for praying for baby Detig this whole time.

Living and learning to love life of transitions.
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment