Monday, June 21, 2010

Update on Life

So we are doing well. We are going to find out what we are having on Wednesday. This week I have had pain in my belly and at first it really scared me. This last week I found out that a friend had a miscarriage. When I had the pain, the thought of the possibility of not making it until Nov became a reality. I got really scared. I have been having trouble not staying on my sides when I sleep even when I use pillows at my sides. My first thought was irrational, but you all know I live in the extremes and feared that it was my fault and ultimately you know...
On another note is that I am horribly hormonal and that my first reaction to everything is yelling. Ryan has put up with my ridiculousness this week and I am eternally grateful. He is always so patient with me, and I don't deserve him. On Father's day he brought me breakfast in bed from Bob Evans. I had been craving biscuits and gravy for a week or longer. Our hotel provides breakfast for us but he went out and bought me breakfast because they didn't have what I wanted. That is a huge deal for us, spending money when its not necessary.
As far as registering goes, we got the big stuff done and my sister did a great job of registering for the little things that I didn't know would be helpful. And once we know what we are having then I can go back and do the things that are gender specific.
We are currently church shopping. We went to a church for a couple of weeks and although we liked the messages we thought that it wasn't the right fit for us, in this life stage. We went to one this week and it wasn't right either. We have been so blessed in Indy and in Houghton, with our churches.
Names are still a big enigma for us. Ryan will tell me if he likes a name by the position it has on the table. Some are off completely. Some are on the edge meaning close to veto, and there are only one or two that are safe in the center. I think finding out the gender will help with this and make it more real. The other day he asked why I was in such a rush, I have 60 days after the baby is born. I said there was no way that the baby would be no name Detig for 60 days until we can decide. So we will see if there are any changes after we know.
Physically I am starting to see a little baby, however I haven't gained any weight yet. The fat has just shifted. I actually have lost about three pounds since the beginning of the pregnancy. I do look pregnant though (I have a little belly). I don't think the docs are too worried yet. The Indian doctor student in Houghton told me since I was so fat I should only gain 15 pounds, so I am on my way to making that goal since I am almost half way there and no extra pounds yet.
Ryan and I are staying in Maryland as our first assignment as far as we know. We chose it since we have found a doc and hospital that we really like. They seemed to understand our reasoning and wishes. I am really excited about coming to Chicago and Indy. My friend Jess is getting married July 3rd and I am in the wedding. It will be fun to catch up with her because it has been so long since we really connected. I am also really excited to see my family and celebrate our baby. My baby shower is July 6th and can't wait to catch up to Indy friends. This will be the only time that I will be in Indy before the birth of the baby. It is only for a few days and will be jammed packed but can't wait to try to see how much I can fit in.
I know that is a lot but I know it's been a while since I wrote. I miss and love people. Thanks for continually praying for us. We will let you know what we are having once all the family has been called.
More later in the week
Sara

2 comments:

  1. Sara,
    Everyone's pregnancies are different, of course, but I had some pain earlier on in mine and our doctor told me it was the ligaments of my stomach starting to pull and stretch in new directions. It can feel like a sharp pain or a muscle cramp. I know that it can be common in first pregnancies. Just a thought. :)
    Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pains in the beginning are normal. They can be scary because you don't know what is happening. I had a lot of sharp pains but found out it was all normal. There are a lot of changes going on in there. Some bleeding is even normal in the beginning.

    You should get a Snoogle. Every pregnant girl in my opinion should have a snoogle. They are very nice and comfortable pregnancy pillows that help you sleep more comfortably at night. Mine was a lifesaver

    ReplyDelete