Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Going Home

So on Thursday I leave for a week at home and time with a dear friend. My friend Jessica is getting married on Saturday and I am a blushing bridesmaid. This is my second American/Indian wedding this summer which has been both amazing and hysterical for those that have known me since my Indian days. I have marveled and chuckled about God's plans vs my plans at the time. I fell in love with India so much I thought I was going to marry and Indian man and move there spending my life furthering the gospel. I ended up marrying a farm boy from Illinois and two of my dearest friends have ended up with Indian men. Ha!!! One thing about both weddings that has been such a blessing is to see how these American brides are giving up certain American traditions for sake of their future in-laws' convictions and beliefs. Suzanne was blessed with in-laws who know the Lord deeply but still had some cultural differences. I saw her graciously die to herself on more than one occasion because it was more about the lifetime afterward than the actual day. Jess' in-laws are Hindu and they are using a combination of both backgrounds as a way to witness to them about Christ. Showing true love by embracing the Indian culture. Our dresses are sarees and Jess will be wearing a lengha which is traditional Indian dress for a wedding. I am so excited to be a part in all the festivities and share this day with my friend whom I have been praying for the right spouse for quite some time. It has been a joy to see her in love and talk hours on the phone about marriage, what I have learned so far, ect. Our saree tops are red and I did a VBS outside this week so my arms match my top. I may be a little lobster like but hopefully it will fade before Saturday.

I am also quite excited to spend time at home with my family. I have talked to my sister on the phone more often these past couple weeks which is a sign that we are both missing each other. I am excited to see my parents and grandparents and some of my dearest friends at the baby shower. It wasn't until these last couple of weeks how much I realized I missed home. My ultimate home is where Ryan is but my first home always has a tug of my heart cause that is where the REST of my family is. Living out of a hotel room has its perks but it never becomes home, just a temporary dwelling. I am hoping that God will compact everything into the short few days I have to spend with everyone. We are working more diligently on baby names and our list grows shorter. I have one I love and am set on at the moment, just waiting for Ryan to fall in love with it as well, or at least ok it and give in. But even though we like it we always reserve the right to change our minds. I will be sharing it with my family first and then with the world wide web. I am hoping to post some pics of the wedding and the shower after I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment