Sunday, October 24, 2010

Family and birthdays

My mom came this week. She was here from Wed-Sat. Wednesday night we had dinner as a family, Ryan made soup and talked until bed time. The next day was a typical mimi comes to visit day. We went shopping all day. We shopped for Charlie and threw a little bit in for mom as well. I made her buy sensible shoes. They are still very cute but are more practical then what she would have picked for herself. We did find Charlie's Christmas dress. It took a while. I hate roses and too many bows. I wanted something cute and understated. For those of you that knew her, it reminds me so much of Linda Buis. I know she would love it! There are still so many things that both mom and I would love to buy for her but we must have some self control. But needless to say we shopped till we dropped. We had a late dinner out with Ryan and went to bed early. Friday was our working day. Mom helped me wash, sort, separate, unpack and clean the nursery along with all the shower gifts that were shipped to us. We even got the wall decal hung, which was a miracle. We started at 8PM and finished a little after 10. On our first piece I thought we were going to kill each other. But I told mom if we could finish this and survive we had a great relationship. It ended up being a fun and we laughed a lot. It was great to have mom here. She got to feel a part of the pregnancy which she hasn't got to until this point. I wish she could have stayed longer.
Birthday Bash
Ryan's birthday was Saturday and I wanted to do something special for him. So I took him to a comedy club in our local mall to see Mark Curry. He was popular in the 90's with a tv show, Hanging with Mr. Cooper, but hadn't heard anything about him since. We sat at a table with 2 strangers but they were very nice and it was great to meet new people. The comics were funny and Charlie was moving the whole time. I don't think she has ever had so much stimulation from mommy laughing so hard. The last few minutes Mark called up people who were celebrating something and I made Ryan go. Everyone had to share what they were celebrating, let Mark make fun of them and do an embarrassing dance. For those of you who know Ryan, know this is WAY out of his comfort zone but he did a great job and I laughed a lot. Mark told me this was going to be so good it would break my water. My response was Hartford Hospital here we come! Then Charlie decided that she didn't want to sleep ALL night and I was up with an awake and busy baby causing mom pain and the inability to sleep. This was our first time of this but I don't think it is our last. Honestly I thought I was having contractions for a while the pain was so intense and not localized but it stopped around 8am this morning.
Our agenda is to put together our last few big purchases for the baby on Sunday, as well as do some crafts to get the nursery ready. Ryan is even willing to help me, so I will post pictures of our craft time later. We have much to do and are anxious of getting it done. We both have a feeling this little one might come earlier than Thanksgiving. We can't believe we have less than a month and we are both so excited and ready (at least we think we are) for her to be here. Ryan spends tummy time with the baby everyday. I can see his love and excitement growing with each passing day. May it come quickly.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sarah....just curious, how do you know Linda Buis? They were our neighbors growing up in Franklin Twsp and I just found it funny that I knew exactly what you meant :)

    ReplyDelete