Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Third FINALLY Arrived




Well, charolette caden detig finally arrived into this world after many weeks of waiting and praying. So that was a preview and now I will tell "the rest of the story" (thank you paul harvey). Sara woke up Friday and thought that her water had broke at around 5 am. We decided that since there was not much fluid that it was probably not her water breaking. We went back to bed and got up a couple hours earlier. After calling the doctor at around 9am, we decided to go to the hospital to make sure things were ok. Being nieve and thinking that it was probably going to be a false alarm, we only brought her purse and the clothes on my back (which I am still wearing). After getting to the hospital we found that she truely had ruptured and we were to be admitted.






After getting to the bed and getting settled in, the doctor came in and we found out sara was only 1 cm dilated (which she has been for the last two weeks). After realizing that it was going to be awhile and that we hadleft all the "stuff" at home, I decided to go home and pick up what was needed for after delivery. So, I get to the apt and run up and down the stairs like 10 times to make sure I have everything. After loading up my arms with 2 bags, 1 boppy pillow, and 2 blankets, I headed down to my car to make the 15 min drive back to the hospital. As I get off the elevator and head for the exit, I realized that i had left my keys in the apt (door locks when you leave). Great, perfect timing tryan. Being that it was a holiday weekend, the leasing office was closed so they could not let me back into the apt to get the keys to my car. All this is taking place as sara was at the hospital by herself. I called the emergency number that was posted on the office door and of course the guy did not answer. That turned out to be ok becuase they would have charged me $100 to let me back in. 3 fireman did it for free. Thankfully no damage was done to the door and i got my car keys and was on my way back to the hospital (only an hour later than planned thank you). Well, Back to the hospital, sara had gone from 1 cm to 1 cm, Zero Progress. That is when I knew that we were in it for the long run. So fastforward. After about 8 hours and a couple of great pain shots, sara got an epidural whcih let her relax and get some sleep. I slept ok for those of you who care about my rest. At about 8 am, after sleeping on and off, i awoke and the doctor said she was at 4 cm. yayayaya not 1 cm, that was good news for me. Things went veryquickly after her body decided that it was time. By 11:20 am, she was 1ocm and after about 10 to 15 mins of pushing, charlie arrived. Right now charlie is clean and sara is holding her getting ready to feed her. Ok so it took so long to finish this blog that we have successfully started breastfeeding. yay. Below are the pictures I tood and some video (if it works). Thanks for all of your prayers and words of encouragement. Me and Sara both appreciate it.







































This was our great nurse.


1 comment:

  1. Yay! We are so excited for you three as the journey of parenthood begins! Charlie is beautiful (of course!) and you both look so happy. Looking forward to more photos and stories of the coming days. Glad things went well for the delivery.

    Corinne

    ReplyDelete