Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Baby News

Sorry for the long span of posting. I will admit that I haven't had much to say on the baby front. Every week no change, no movement, no news. It gets discouraging to write that so I ignored the internet for a while. Also I have been very depressed. I have been without my routine medication since April and these last few weeks it has been severely missed. It is not something I care to admit, because frankly in some Christian circles there is a thought that my problem is strictly spiritual and if I could just get right with God I wouldn't need medicine. Well my doctor, my husband and I can attest that this is not the case and I DO need medicine. We are starting back on it so that I wont be entering post partem without it. It doesn't harm the baby and is safe for breast feeding. Ryan and I are ready for me to be my old self again. We will need the old Sara as we enter this next transition to CA with a 1 month old.

Speaking of babies I know soooo many of you have been wanting to know what is going on and when this baby will be here. The answer is not yet. Today we were hoping that I would be dialated enough so that they could help our process along but I am not progressing. Some people just have a lousy cervix that never progresses on its own. Mine seems to fall into that category for this pregnancy. So, in light of the fact that I gained 4 pounds in fluid this week, am leaving in less than a month, and have a stinky cervix we are going to induce. We will arrive at the hospital on Tues at 10 AM. The first part (12ish hours) I get to wait around and be pain free as I do stage one. I will be monitored and watch a lot of tv. Once phase one is complete they will give me the meds that will start the labor process, and then we wait for Charlie. She will most likely be a Dec baby now but we don't mind, we just want her. We are praying that I will progress and won't have to have a C-section. It is not that there is anything wrong with it but the recovery time is longer and we would like to spend Christmas with our families. And who wants to go on a 17 hour + car trip after one.

Our Thanksgiving plans:
We have none. Ryan is off and we will cook at home. We were hoping we would be in the hospital but that is not happening. Pray for Ryan that he doesn't go stir crazy. My braxton contractions, swelling, ect are beginning to limit what I can do. So we will wait patiently till Tues and in the meantime will cook, play games, watch movies and try not to be too bored. Hope your Thanksgiving is full of joy and loved ones.

I am thankful for a husband who has done wonderfully these last nine months putting up with a shell of who he married.

A doctor that isn't making me wait too miserably long

A job that we are moving to

A family that I miss greatly

And a God who hasn't given up on me, though I do deserve it

A baby in our arms soon.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! Praise God for health mom and baby! I had a feeling she wouldn't wait until Tuesday. Congrats on baby Charlie!!

    P\rayers from Texas
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara,
    I wanted to say I will be praying for you. I know what it is like to have a little one that you are over the moon about and a body that will not cooperate with the you.
    Congratulations to both of you on a sweet and gorgeous baby girl.

    ReplyDelete