Monday, July 12, 2010

Moving Day

So while I was home I would talk to my husband everyday to catch up. On Wed I called him and he said, "guess what?" My response was, we're moving. He said yes! What? He said yes? But we are supposed to stay in Baltimore for a year because we found a doctor we liked! We were supposed to stay because they asked us our preference and they said it seemed very reasonable! We were supposed to stay because we had just made some friends (OUR ONLY FRIENDS HERE!!!!). The company had kept us here and sent off so many others, why now? These were not the first thoughts that ran through my mind. My first thoughts were, shut up! You're joking. This has to be a joke. Put Liz on the phone. "Liz are we moving? Is Ryan joking?" I am afraid not honey, its real. So I realized this was real then the afore mentioned thoughts ran through my mind. I kept telling myself it would be okay. Connecticut can be that bad. I don't know anything about it, but we will be okay. God has a plan in everything. So here is what we know so far. We leave this Friday morning. We will be there till the end of Ryan's training which is Aug 17th. Then if Ryan is a good fit we will move there for a year. If not we will go back to Baltimore. So we are packing up the hotel room and moving to another one until further notice. If anyone knows of some good churches or fun things to do in Hartford let us know.
Silver Lining Alert: We get to go to New York City for two days. I have never been and will be fun to go and see as many things as we can in a short time. We get to go to my first REAL Broadway show. Still looking at tickets and what not. In my childhood my practical grown up job was to be a teacher, but my dream job was to be in a Broadway musical. Belle in Beauty and the Beast, specifically. So this will be exciting to go. I can't be in it. There isn't much casting calls for a 5 month old pregnant woman who can't dance but a girl can dream. So hopefully we will have pictures up from our weekend. A friend suggested a double decker bus tour which sounds awesome to my swollen feet :)
I will be packing away for the next two days. See you in CT!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sending prayers your way!! Hope everything is going well in CT. I pray you are finding a great doctor and good friends!!

    Prayers from Texas
    stephanie

    ReplyDelete